
I normally post them on facebook but I think I may start posting them here. Anyway! The point of this blog post... is a picture & caption I saw from another photographer for this weeks theme "Express Yourself" that really touched me. Here's the picture & the caption:

Crystal Small
P52 | wk 9
Theme {express yourself}
This week I am going to express an idea....
...To each person who takes the time to view this post. What is life?? Are we living it to the best of our ability?? How many times in a day, are we trying to cram more into each and every hour, trying to be perfect mothers, friends, employees, and spouses. We spend our days running frantically from one moment to the next not taking the time to actually LIVE in these precious moments.
What are memories?? They are not photos, or stories... they are feelings. How did something or someone make you feel. We need to focus more on these feelings and not so much time on living our lives by the bare minimum. We try to do it all and at what expense. When our children are telling us stories about their day, how often are we trying to listen but in our minds we are also thinking, Oh I need to get milk, did I fold the whites??, oh I hope I have time to call so and so before dinner.....we don't stop to live in the moment. We don't stop to enjoy a memory, we don't stop to listen.
So today I listened. I got out of bed with a to do list to make all us overachievers proud!! Just as I was about to start my day engines running full throttle a tiny hand touched my arm and said "Wanna snuggo mommy??" and for once I listened and didn't brush off this sweet little man's request with a tale of "later honey" I lived in the moment, and you know what it was FANTASTIC. I want to challenge you all. To Live Life, don't let the small things slip by. It is the small things that make this journey oh so special.
Happy Friday everyone, try to enjoy some of it with the people you love the most, the to do lists and the gotta get done's and the I better hurry will be there tomorrow.
Enjoy the now......
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I thought it was beautiful & worth sharing! The theme for next week is "Childhood Toys" so that should be fun! ;)
I sooo needed to read this today! I was just talking about this exact think with J this morning. Something I need to get much better at!
ReplyDeleteI needed it too Kristi! Glad you enjoyed it :)
ReplyDelete